23 Jan Belair-Edison 2017 Year in Review
Posted at 14:22h in Art in Our Community, BENI News, Home Buying, Main Street, Parks
Major Milestones Reached in Our 25th Year
As we start a new year we pause to reflect on the great accomplishments of 2017. In our 25th year we grew as an organization by staff and space, but most importantly we laid the groundwork for a successful 2018 with our continued work to welcome residents and businesses to the charms of Belair-Edison.
We are thrilled to share with you our highlights from 2017!
- Our Main Street received a makeover with 8 new businesses, 3 commercial facade improvements to existing businesses and we launched our 1st pop-up
- Welcomed new residents with 92 homes sold; including 13 fully renovated homes from St. Ambrose, with 4 more currently under construction
- Helped 1,289 clients start the journey of owning a home through our counseling program at 20 first-time homebuyer workshops
- 167 resident market leaders volunteered their time to connect their neighbors to 36 community events and projects, including our 8th Annual FINE Women Financial Literacy Conference and 4th Annual Beer & Wine Festival
- BENI purchased a new building and moved offices to accommodate expanded programming; while 4 BENI staff members received accolades for their excellent work
- Guided 3 neighborhood investment tours that helped secure 6 new funding sources
We have big plans for 2018 and need your support to put our plans into action to make this year even better! Please consider making a contribution.
“Action is the foundational key to all success.” – Pablo Picasso